I am pleased to be able to offer an immediate opportunity for a People Consultant (PS8) within the People Consultancy Team to provide maternity cover for a period of 12 months. The successful candidate will join a team providing generalist ER advisory experience in addition to supporting managers through organisational change.
To be shortlisted to interview your expression of interest (no more than two sides of A4) will outline how your previous experience in the areas of work below will enable you to be successful in the role:
- Delivering high quality HR advice in the following areas of ER casework; Disciplinary, Grievance, Managing Absence and Performance.
- Supporting managers with organisational change.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with other departments, customers, partner organisations, to engage and consult on plans or projects as appropriate.
- Examples of a commitment to service improvement, challenging the status quo and providing solution focused outcomes.
- Have or be working towards CIPD qualification or able to evidence equivalent knowledge and understanding of HR & Organisation Development disciplines.
Although this role involves working as part of a well-supported team you will be given the tools to work independently and flexibly as the business needs to allow you to deliver work to a high standard.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.Additional Information
For an informal discussion contact Daryle Lowden on 07854 718 211 or by e-mail at Daryle.firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 11/10/2020.
Interviews will be scheduled for the 15th and 16th October 2020.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.