The post holder will be required to provide support, advice and guidance to schools and parents in the delivery of the Authority’s duties under the Education Act 1996 and the SEN Code of Practice for Wales.
To support the cessation of the present system for pupils with Special Educational Needs to the new ALN system.
To support all partners in removing barriers to learning so that all pupils, irrespective of their individual backgrounds, circumstances or difficulties, are able to derive the maximum benefit from their learning.
To support and challenge schools to ensure that the needs of Additional Learning Needs (ALN) pupils are fully met by working directly with schools, parents and partners.
The successful candidate will have experience in
- Substantial experience in communicating and mediating with parents and schools in relation to ALN issues.
- Experience in planning and managing ALN processes relating to the statutory assessment process.
- Proven experience in working in partnership with schools and a range of agencies.
- Experience of supervising and managing staff.
- Knowledge of legislation and Welsh Government guidance in relation to Additional Learning Needs.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding procedures.
- Ability to promote and manage workload effectively.
- Well-developed ICT skills.
The position carries an approved car user allowance therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is a requirement.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The post holder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Interviews will be conducted virtually using Microsoft teams or another video conferencing platform that candidates are able to access.
Closing Date: 12pm, Friday 2nd October 2020
Interviews: Thursday 8th October 2020
For further information on this post please contact:-
Gill Smith 07870 998 671 or e-mail email@example.com