The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools wish to appoint an HR Advisor to join our central HR Team.
Created in 2008, the Federation educates 2,800 students in Lewisham and comprises Prendergast School, Prendergast Vale School and Prendergast Ladywell School. The group is a hard federation made up of both voluntary aided and foundation schools and, as such, benefit from being more autonomous than other groups. The Federation enjoys a close relationship with The Leathersellers’ Company which dates back to the 15th Century.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development of our Human Resources provision across our schools. The successful candidate will:
- provide advice and guidance on a range of HR issues, including recruitment, employee relations, HR data and policies;
- monitor sickness absence trends across the schools and provide advice and guidance to managers;
- advise managers on complex employee relations issues and support them through investigations, in accordance with HR policies and procedures;
- working as part of the HR team ensure that HR administrative processes are completed in a timely manner and effective and efficient service is delivered to all stakeholders;
- work closely with the HR & Payroll Officer and school staff to ensure that new starter, contract variation and leaver processes are completed accurately and within required deadlines;
- to support the development of the HR Department to further support school improvement.
The successful candidate will have detailed working knowledge of current employment legislation and its practical application within HR. You will have experience of working in a busy HR department, a high level of professionalism, attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong ICT skills and a collaborative approach.
Interviews: Friday 2 October 2020
Please note CVs are not accepted.
The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Appointment will be subject to qualifications, experience checks and satisfactory references.