The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools wish to appoint an HR & Payroll Officer to join our central HR Team.
Created in 2008, the Federation educates 2,800 students in Lewisham and comprises Prendergast School, Prendergast Vale School and Prendergast Ladywell School. The group is a hard federation made up of both voluntary aided and foundation schools and, as such, benefit from being more autonomous than other groups. The Federation enjoys a close relationship with The Leathersellers’ Company which dates back to the 15th Century.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development of our Human Resources provision across our schools. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- the administration of the monthly Payroll for all staff and liaising with our Payroll provider;
- ensuring that up to date and accurate staffing information is held on the HR system;
- maintaining staff absence records and producing staff absence reports as required;
- responding to specific routine Payroll and HR enquiries from staff;
- developing the self-service element of the HR system (AccessHR) across the Federation;
- liaising with the schools to ensure that recruitment, contract variations and leaver processes are completed accurately and within required deadlines;
- to support the development of the HR Department to further support school improvement.
The successful candidate will have experience of operating an HR/payroll system and working in an HR environment. You will have a high level of professionalism and accuracy, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong ICT skills and a collaborative approach.
Interviews: Wednesday 30 September 2020
Please note CVs are not accepted.
The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Appointment will be subject to qualifications, experience checks and satisfactory references.