Town Planner - Senior Development Management Officer – Permanent Full time, opportunity to work flexibly and from home, but would need to live within travelling distance of Huntingdonshire.
Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) is passionate about providing high quality services to our communities, residents and businesses and this means we need to employ and retain the most talented and dedicated people. Situated within the heart of the Cambridge-Peterborough Growth Area, Huntingdonshire is a beautiful district that boasts thriving market towns and many attractive villages, each with its own identity. We are an innovative and forward-thinking Local Authority whose residents are at the heart of our decision making
We want to employ staff who embody our icare values (Inspiring, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Enterprising) all of which support our ultimate purpose of putting our customers first.
As a Senior Development Management Officer / Senior Town Planner, you’ll have a central role in key urban planning projects alongside a high performing team which shape the future of Huntingdonshire
- Through your development management work, contributing significantly to positively shape and improve the district for everyone who live, work, visit and invest in Huntingdonshire
- An exciting and rewarding caseload including working on majors, as well as medium to small scale planning applications and various pre-application development proposals
- Opportunities for mentoring
- Being part of an ideas-centric organisation
With Huntingdonshire positioned in a corridor of significant growth and its potential to deliver the transformative economic potential for the UK, this post will provide you with a distinctive opportunity to deliver rapid and sustainable growth and prosperity for the area, and see projects being delivered on site, as well as preserving our natural and historic environment.
You will be joining an organisation with sustainable economic growth and the climate emergency at the core of its political mandate and as a senior member of the Local Planning Authority’s Development Management Team you will be integral in delivering this agenda.
Experience and attributes:
Individuals with the following experience and attributes will thrive in this opportunity:
- An accomplished Town Planner with knowledge of Planning legislation, S106 agreements and Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Able to establish effective project management from policy interpretation through the pre-application process through to on-site delivery.
- Experienced in working on planning appeals and of the political environment in which the planning system operates.
- Knowledgeable in handling a range of development proposals with varying complexity and scale
- A highly motivated, and versatile individual looking to make this position their own
The Area Development Management teams operate within a wider Development structure which covers a district of over 90,000 hectares. As the largest district in Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire is home to over 177,000 residents, with more than 78,000 homes and over 9,000 local business units supporting 85,000 jobs across more than 80 towns, villages and smaller settlements. Our Local Plan, which was adopted in 2019, aims to support a diverse economy, provide sufficient infrastructure, provide environmental benefits and support the health and well-being of our communities.
With a focus on small and medium scale planning applications, as well as some major planning applications (up to 199 units), the Area Teams play a key role in delivering ambitious and sustainable growth. The ethos of the team is forward-thinking, dynamic and creative to ensure that those who live and work in Huntingdonshire thrive.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer with flexible and remote working practices. In addition to a competitive salary HDC also offers employees:
- Generous annual leave entitlement, increasing with service
- Flexible working hours and arrangements – including working from home
- Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Subsidised off-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme via www.cyclescheme.co.uk
- Significantly reduced membership fees across our four One Leisure Health and Fitness clubs
- Access to childcare voucher scheme
- Local retail discounts
More information on benefits on our website: https://www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/jobs/working-for-the-council/
A full job description along with details of how to apply (CV and cover letter) can be downloaded from our website at www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk Should you have any additional questions regarding submitting an application, please contact our Recruitment Business Partner email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications is October 1st and interviews will be held wc 5th October.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our recruitment and along with our values we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community and we offer a range of benefits including flexitime to encourage a work life balance. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly under-represented in our organisation and sector, such as disabled people and people from BAME communities