Children, Families, Young People
About this job
We have opportunities for experienced social workers to take their first step into a supervisory role as Assistant Team Managers working in North East Lincolnshire’s Children’s Services.
You will be responsible for the supervision and management of a team of qualified social workers and family support workers including rigorous and proactive case supervision.
As a service we firmly believe in collaborative and partnership working and we don’t just pay ‘lip-service’ to taking a child-centred approach. Alongside social work best practice, management skills and fantastic communication, you also need to be as passionate as we are about achieving the best possible results for the people we support.
What we are looking for
If you are a senior social worker with a passion for improving the lives of children and young people, we are looking to for the right people who share our vision. Who are flexible and proactive but above all, who genuinely care about the children and families they will be dealing with.
If you have the ambition, we have the commitment and resources to help you achieve it.
We are a small team and it is essential that we get the right person for this role, so although relevant experience and qualifications are a given, the right attitude is a must.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
- You hold a fully accredited DipSW/Social Work degree (equivalent to Level 6 NQF), are registered with Social Work England and ideally have a Practice Teacher Award
- You have a minimum of 4 years post-qualification experience in Children’s Social Care
- Exemplary experience of complex case management including purposeful evidence-based interventions, analytical assessments and the highest quality of written work
- You can demonstrate experience of case presentation within a Court, multi-agency case conference and statutory panel context
- You can demonstrate a detailed knowledge and understanding of legislation and statutory guidance, Knowledge and Skills Framework for Child and Family Social Work and a range of social work interventions, methodologies and best practice
- You can apply your specialist knowledge in child care legislation, the Looked After Children system and Child Protection to plan and deliver a range of complex activities providing effective outcomes for children, young people and their families
- High levels of experience and expertise in providing supervision of both casework and support of the emotional well-being of staff members
- Experience coaching, mentoring and developing the skills and knowledge of others
- You will have the ability to lead, motivate and support others (workers, colleagues and partners) in dealing with more complex, sensitive and potentially distressing/controversial issues and service users with challenging needs and/or behaviours
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to deal with complex issues in a sensitive and appropriate way and can build rapport and relationships with children, their families/carers, your colleagues and other agencies
- You embrace partnership working and understand the benefit of working closely with all professionals who contribute to the lives of children, young people and families
- You have sound financial management skills, especially with regards to the management of finite funds and are able to effectively plan resources and then be flexible in making changes as required
- You can set and monitor performance targets to push forward continual improvements in the service, manage often conflicting demands and work effectively under pressure
- You are committed to doing everything possible to achieve the best for all children, young people and families
- You have a commitment to the highest of practice standards and continuing your professional development
To find out more about this role and to make an application please visit https://childrensservicesnel.co.uk/current_vacancies/assistant-team-manager/
We understand that you probably have lots of questions so please contact the link person for this role who is a qualified social worker and is happy to have an informal chat before you apply.
Team Manager CASS
0770 103 9137
About North East Lincolnshire Children’s Services
There has never been a more exciting time to work for North East Lincolnshire’s Children’s Services.
The turnaround in our service is being driven by a commitment and investment from the Council to transform the service and has resulted in a total overhaul of our structure, roles, and what our social workers need to deliver the very best service for our vulnerable children and young people.
As part of that transformation, we are looking to add to our team with the right people who share our vision and ethos.
To find out more about North East Lincolnshire’s Children’s Services, visit our dedicated website https://childrensservicesnel.co.uk/
Our commitment to you
North East Lincolnshire is an Authority where social workers are truly valued;
- A team with strong relationships, that is friendly and supportive
- Good relationships with and support from other services, agencies and external partners, working together for the good benefit of the children
- A Leadership Team that has committed to drive the transformation journey of the service and who care about the job you do and the families you support
- An ethos to reduce the demand for Social Work intervention by strengthening our early intervention input
- Award-winning Practice Framework
- A strong and varied learning and professional development programme
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to research and resources
- Flexible working options to help your life/work balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car parking scheme, car lease scheme and payment of HCPC fees
- Offices with a seafront location
- A beautiful part of the country with a low cost of living