Children, Families, Young People
About this job
If you are a social worker with a passion for improving the lives of children and young people, we are looking to for the right person to join our team in North East Lincolnshire Children’s Services as a Level 1 Social Worker.
With opportunities across different services, you will manage a caseload that is appropriate to your level of qualification and experience which could include the assessment, planning, implementation and review of social work plans.
You will be working directly with children, young people and their families and carers, taking into account their wishes and feelings and promoting child and family resilience, with the goal of reducing dependence on services.
You will be supported by a Team Manager in tasks such as preparing submissions and representing Children’s Services to Family Courts, taking actions in relation to the liberty or safety of children and liaising with other agencies in emergency situations.
Partnership working is essential and as a service we endorse this model, so you will need to build good relationships with other services and agencies and work with them, where appropriate, in a child-centred approach.
What we are looking for
If you are a social worker with a passion for improving the lives of children and young people, we are looking to for people who share our vision.
We need people who are flexible and proactive but above all, who genuinely care about the children and families they will be dealing with.
We are a small team and it is essential that we get the right person for this role, so although relevant experience and qualifications are a given, the right attitude is a must.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
- You have a recognised professional Social Work Qualification (MA/BA/BSC in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW) and are registered as a social worker with Social Work England.
- You have successfully completed the ASYE programme or have equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- You have knowledge of statutory and regulatory frameworks relevant to children’s care services and can demonstrate you understand the requirements of the Knowledge and Skills Framework for Child and Family Social Work
- You can manage, with support, a caseload using your own discretion and initiative and are able to analyse information and make sound, rational and proportional decisions based on this information
- Your organisational skills allow you to manage your time effectively including prioritising conflicting demands and work effectively under pressure.
- You are highly self-motivated
- You are able to effectively communicate with vulnerable children and can build rapport and relationships with children, their families/carers, your colleagues and other agencies
- You have good interpersonal skills that allow you to effectively collaborate and work with a wide range of partners and stakeholders
- You are flexible to meet the needs of the service which may include working outside of normal office hours, transferring between teas if required and use agile working methods
- You are committed to doing everything possible to achieve the best for all children, young people and families
- You have a commitment to the highest of practice standards and continuing your professional development
To find out more about this role and to make an application please visit https://childrensservicesnel.co.uk/current_vacancies/social-worker-level-1/
We understand that you probably have lots of questions so please contact the link person for this role who is a qualified social worker and is happy to have an informal chat before you apply
Contact: Laura Snell
Team Manager CASS
0770 103 9137
About North East Lincolnshire Children’s Services
There has never been a more exciting time to work for North East Lincolnshire’s Children’s Services.
The turnaround in our service is being driven by a commitment and investment from the Council to transform the service and has resulted in a total overhaul of our structure, roles, and what our social workers need to deliver the very best service for our vulnerable children and young people.
As part of that transformation, we are looking to add to our team with the right people who share our vision and ethos.
To find out more about North East Lincolnshire’s Children’s Services, visit our dedicated website https://childrensservicesnel.co.uk/
Our commitment to you
North East Lincolnshire is an Authority where social workers are truly valued;
- A team with strong relationships, that is friendly and supportive
- Good relationships with and support from other services, agencies and external partners, working together for the good benefit of the children
- A Leadership Team that has committed to drive the transformation journey of the service and who care about the job you do and the families you support
- An ethos to reduce the demand for Social Work intervention by strengthening our early intervention input
- Award-winning Practice Framework
- A strong and varied learning and professional development programme
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to research and resources
- Flexible working options to help your life/work balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car parking scheme, car lease scheme and payment of HCPC fees
- Offices with a seafront location
- A beautiful part of the country with a low cost of living