The Council is seeking a sensitive, tactful and caring person to join its Bereavement Services team on a part time basis. Having the right personality and attitude for the job is very important. Full training will be given to the successful candidate.
Day to day duties will include:
- Providing a customer focused front line service for the bereaved and other cemetery users
- Organising bookings for funerals in conjunction with funeral directors and families
- Carrying out searches and grave location enquiries
- Checking memorial applications for approval and carrying out subsequent site inspections for compliance
- Providing a full administrative service to the cemeteries office including maintenance of statutory records
- Assisting the Bereavement Services Manager and undertaking supervision of the service as and when required
- Providing support to the gravedigger / gardener team
The post is based at the Council’s Watling Street Cemetery office but as frequent visits to other cemeteries in the borough will be needed, a full UK driving license and use of a car is essential.
For an informal discussion on this post please phone our Bereavement Services Manager, Lesley O’Reilly, on 01322 343666.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing Monday 12th October 2020.
How to Apply
Please complete your application by using the apply button below
Do not send your CV – only fully completed application forms will be accepted