Location: 5 Pancras Square
Salary: £40,829 - £47,360
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time, 36 hours per week
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Click HERE for information on Camden’s flexible working options
Some posts at Camden are politically restricted, which means individuals holding these posts cannot have active political role. For a list of all politically restricted roles at Camden click here.
To take overall responsibility of the accurate data and system management in the delivery of the Asset Management strategy, determine programmes of planned/responsive works and make sure asset information is robust and up to date.
You will manage the Property Data & Systems team to ensure delivery of this key area of work, ensuring that key information is provided to Members and Heads of Service to inform investment decisions.
You will be accountable and responsible for ensuring that statistical returns to government are accurate and auditable to ensure we meet our statutory responsibilities.
- Experience of effectively managing a team to meet targets and provide complex data to varying audiences
- Detailed knowledge of the building construction process in a public sector housing context and also knowledge of the Mechanical and Electrical assets in such context.
- Understanding of the current legislation and other requirements in a local authority setting relating to contracts and procurement processes, and to the national and local policies governing stock investment e.g. the decent homes standard.
- Ability to make informed recommendations for investment priorities and strategies and to analyse complex data sets intelligently in order to prepare programmes of major works.
- Ability to proactively manage workloads to deliver excellent quality work within strict deadlines, and to plan and prioritise work accordingly.
- Good numeracy skills and the ability to analyse and accurately interpret complex datasets.
- Ability to develop good working relationships and effective negotiation and communication skills.
- Holding or working towards a recognised accreditation, e.g. CIOH, RICS or equivalent.
- Experience of report writing and using IT to present and communicate accurate data.
Camden’s main offices are located in modern, award-winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative, flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities.
Click HERE to see the full details of our excellent benefits
Make it work for you. Make it your Camden.
Discover and Diversity
To “discover” more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
Mayor of London’s Good Work Standard
Camden are very proud to be accredited to the level of excellence for the Mayor of London’s Good Work Standard. The Mayor’s Good Work Standard sets the benchmark for the highest employment standards and demonstrates that as an employer, Camden is contributing to a fairer and more inclusive London. These good practices are also an important step in attracting and retaining a diverse, talented and productive workforce.
How to apply
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application form you will be expected to explain how you meet the key requirements for this role listed in this advert. When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for disabled people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG.
Closing dates for applications: Sunday 27th September 2020 23:59
Interviews to be held: Assessment on Wednesday 30th September 2020 and Interviews on Thursday 1st October 2020.
Please quote reference: 200000D4
To view the Job Profile please click HERE
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.