22.5 Hours per week - Permanent
Part time salary - £11,743 to £13,225
Looking for a rewarding role that offers flexible and family-friendly working options? You’ve found it – and plenty more besides.
It’s your chance to join a friendly and supportive team of people who work together to make a positive difference for vulnerable Adults in Reading.
Join us, and you can look forward to excellent training and development opportunities too, so you can grow your skills and build a great future with us.
About the role
As a part of our Business Support team you will provide administration support to operational staff, such as Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Support Workers.
Following a period of induction at the Civic Offices in Reading, you will mainly be required to work from home. Working patterns can be flexible.
You will need to demonstrate:
- good telephone handling abilities and be confident in dealing with variety of calls
- strong IT and literacy skills
- ability to react to different priorities in your workload
- good communication skills and ability to listen effectively
When applying for this post, please ensure that your supporting statement explains, with examples, how you meet the person specification as we use this criterion alongside evidence from your CV for short listing purposes.
Previous experience of working in a similar role would be desirable but not essential as training will be given.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
For an informal discussion please contact Caroline Wharton, Business Support Team Leader on 0118 937 4039 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more about this role.
Closing date: 24th September 2020
Interview date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.