Job Title: Consultant Social Worker - Fostering Service - Family and Friends Team 2
Salary Range: £40,876 - £43,857 pa
Hours: 37 per week
As part of Hertfordshire’s Specialist Services, we in the Fostering Service are on a journey to be the “best we can be”. You will become part of a leading Children’s Service, who was rated by Ofsted in November 2018 as delivering ‘Good’ outcomes for children, with a tangible commitment to continuous improvement. The Family and Friends Fostering team plays a key role in the assessment, training, support and supervision of Family and Friends foster carers and the assessment of Special Guardians and carers providing placements for vulnerable children under Private Fostering Regulations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Practitioner to take on the role as the Consultant Social Worker in the Family and Friends Fostering Team 2 based at Stevenage.
The purpose of the role of a CSW in the Family and Friends Fostering team is to hold supervisory responsibility for senior practitioners, social workers, independent social workers and children’s practitioners within the team as well as carrying a reduced case load of Family and Friends Foster Carers and Special Guardianship Assessments. The CSW will work closely with the Team Manager to support and develop key areas within the service such as: Special Guardianship pre/post order support; leading on ARC Fostering Support; The Mockingbird Family Model; Placement Stability; Management of Allegations and Quality of care Concerns; Audit Action Plans; Placement Support meetings; Permanency Planning Meetings; Supervising Independent social workers who undertake allocated assessments; Learning & Development for Family and Friends Foster Carers or Staff within the Service and within other Services. The Consultant Social Worker will deputise for the Team Manager as and when required and support with ensuring Family and Friends data is up to date and accurate for wider service monitoring and evaluation. Part of the role of the Consultant Social worker is to support staff with their professional practice and continued learning and development and you will also be required to deliver training when appropriate.
You will be joining a well-established, reliable, stable team with passion and enthusiasm in striving to make a difference to the children and their families that we are here to serve and protect.
This is a varied and challenging role where candidates are expected to have the following:
- You will need to be social work qualified registered with SW England, be familiar with the TSDs (Training Standards), National Minimum Fostering Standards and have comprehensive knowledge of the Fostering Regulations 2011 and relevant legislation. You will also need to have sound knowledge, skills and experience of the Special Guardianship Regulations 2014 and private Fostering Regulations 2011.
- You will need a minimum 3 years’ experience working within a Safeguarding, Children Looked After team or an Adoption/Fostering team.
- You will need to evidence your competencies in Safeguarding, Forensic Risk Assessment and sound Social Work Analysis when applying theory and practice to Family and Friends fostering assessments, as well as Special Guardianship assessments and Private Fostering assessments.
- Experience of supporting carers to embed trauma informed practice, ie within the ARC framework would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate considerable knowledge and experience of supervising social work professionals. The ability to manage poor practice and performance and confident in managing conflict across the work we do. Some knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures relating to work-based performance would be desirable.
- Experience and confidence in delivering training and workshops. Ability to turn ideas and innovation into action.
Closing Date: 28th September 2020
Interview Date: 15th October 2020 (via Microsoft Teams TBC)
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Team Manager Zoe Tubb, Family and Friends Team 2 : telephone 01438 844232
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.