Salary: Main Pay Scale. Full time or part time to suit the right candidate (minimum 0.8), One year fixed-term contract. Secondments considered.
We are seeking a talented and friendly individual to join our established team at New Town. The right candidate will be committed to supporting our aspirational and dynamic ‘Good’ school to continue to improve, as we look to always provide the very best for our diverse children and families.
This position will initially be providing PPA across the school, however, as our numbers continue to rise, they may be deployed as a teacher for an additional class in the future. The role would give the right candidate fantastic experience of teaching throughout the school, which would stand them in great stead for the future and benefit their career progression.
Whilst this is a fixed term appointment, school or trust-wide opportunities may well be available after this academic year.
Joining our team means you’ll need to be:
- A team player, whether it’s communicating effectively with colleagues across the school or focussing on getting to know our children and helping them shine
- A superb teacher, with a positive outlook, who would enjoy the challenges of this varied role
- An excellent and reflective practitioner who is willing to listen to colleagues and work with some initiative
- A kind and caring person, enjoying the bustling life of our diverse school family, and always looking to recognise our polite and kind children
- Someone who behaves professionally at all times, and possesses an excellent grasp of spoken and written English
In return, our team can offer:
- An optimistic and close-knit leadership team with a track record of improving schools
- A firmly established ethos of caring for one another in our school family
- A commitment to professional development, and looking outwards at the wider educational world
- A track record of fantastic support for NQTs in their first year of teaching, with an 100% success rate for passing their year with flying colours
- A beautiful Victorian school with an abundance of space and opportunity, filled with light, life and love
- The opportunity to work with a wider team of three unique schools, all brilliantly supported by a Trust who strongly value the individual school’s character, ethos and approaches
- Secure car parking and a staff well-being package
Why work at New Town?
“The school is a wonderful place to work and the children are nurtured and allowed to thrive.”
“The staff take it on with a smile on their faces and they treat every child like their own, striving to achieve the best for every single one. They work tirelessly to recognise the local community and provide inclusion. The school as a whole is a happy place to be."
“Everyone in the school has been really supportive and are always happy to help if I’ve had any questions.”
Successful NQT colleagues, 2019-2020
“New Town is simply an amazing place to work: the staff is hard-working, forward-thinking and above all, a great team. I feel enormously privileged to be a part of it.”
How to apply
Prospective candidates are warmly welcomed to book a preliminary phone call before they apply should they like to discuss the role further, with potential to have a tour around the school.
New Town and BST is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references
To request an application pack, please contact Natasha Kirby, Trust Operations Manager: Email firstname.lastname@example.org , phone on 07538 539 690 or please visit the Trust website www.berkshireschoolstrust.org
Applications will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed upon receipt of applications