Hours of work: 36 Hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time and term-time only
(As the position is term-time only, the above salary is pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 25 September 2020, noon
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 28 September 2020
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable HR Officer to join our highly-motivated team at an exciting time in our growth.
Our aim is to challenge every learner to exceed their own expectations of themselves; create a can-do culture and the resilience to excel; include all members of our community through shared endeavour; and nurture diverse skills, talents and abilities whilst celebrating excellence.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience or interest in working in an educational setting
- Can multi-task under pressure and juggle many tasks at once
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise workload
- Have excellent face to face customer service skills or experience
- Pay attention to detail, pick up on oversights and rectify problems before they arise
- Act with discretion, handling extremely confidential information
- Demonstrate a willingness to become involved in the life of the organisation
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation
- Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour
- Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace
- Have good communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Be dedicated and flexible, with commitment to continual improvement
In return, we offer:
- A workplace that is future focused with potential for professional growth as we improve
- A skilled and experienced team of professionals
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.