Hours of work: 32.5 Hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time and term-time only
(As the position is part-time and term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Thursday 24 September 2020, 9am
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 28 September 2020
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Cavendish School
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Cover Supervisor - Primary Phase
- Single Status Grade 4 – Salary Range £18,933 - £19,312 pro rata
- Actual Salary £14,711 - £15,004
- 32.5 hours per week
- Term Time Only (incl INSET days)
Start date: As soon as possible
We are looking to appoint a Cover Supervisor with an interest in supporting pupils’ learning in our Primary Phase.
The Headteacher is looking for highly motivated, committed professionals who are passionate and enthusiastic to join in the continued development and success of our exciting all-through status. If you have the skills, drive and enthusiasm this could be the perfect role for you.
This school offers:
- A permanent Cover Supervisor role
- A strong and visionary leadership
- To be part of a vibrant community
- To be part of an exciting new environment in our all-through campus.
- A grading of ‘good’ by Ofsted (Outstanding for EYFS), 2018
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all levels and interests
- Staff Wellbeing: a genuine focus on staff wellbeing
- Pupils who are motivated and keen to learn
The ideal candidate will:
- Inspire, challenge and motivate our pupils
- Establish and maintain high standards
- Bring the curriculum alive through inspirational learning
- Have the ability to think outside of the box
- Believe in creating strong, positive relationships with the children, developing them personally, socially, emotionally and academically.
- Have a commitment to personal and professional development
- Be a team player who is supportive of colleagues
The job role consists of:
- Having an oversight of learning, predominantly in the secondary phase, whilst providing whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher
- Working within a team of Cover Supervisors and liaise with staff as appropriate
- Managing the learning environment and resources
- Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher
Please download the application form and further details from our website. http://www.cavendishschool.net/contact/vacancies
We look forward to receiving your application by e-mail, for the attention of Mrs Angela Hayden, HR Manager / PA to the Headteacher. email@example.com
We give high priority to promoting diversity throughout the school.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.