Are you a qualified, SWE registered social worker with at least 3 years post registration experience as a social worker in a social care or multi-agency community setting?
Do you excel in your profession, and are you interested in the challenges of working in a busy, high volume, professional environment?
You will need to be motivated and flexible with high professional standards and sound knowledge and experience of current legislation and its application to practice in a social care setting.
An applied knowledge of The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act and experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries are essential alongside experience of working in complex situations using professional judgement and a strength based approach.
You will be able to communicate in a clear, fluent, concise and jargon free way and a courteous, calm and professional manner.
You will have experience of, and be able to, provide professional, reflective supervision, guidance and advice to less experienced social workers, including those completing ASYE and social work students.
In return for all of your skills, enthusiasm and commitment, we will support you to take your career to the next level.
We offer a competitive salary, opportunity for progression, excellent training including a thorough induction, essential training matrix linked to your role and professional development plans.
You will receive professional supervision and be working in a team of motivated, dedicated and friendly colleagues.
This Fixed-Term contract is to cover a Senior Social Worker on Secondment as Assistant Team Manager.
If you would like to join us, please submit your CV and personal statement clearly evidencing:
- That you are eligible to work in the UK
- That you are a qualified social worker with SWE Registration and have a social work degree with at least 3 years post registration experience as a social worker in social care or multi-agency community setting
- Successful completion of ASYE if qualified after June 2012 (Social Workers)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analytical skills
- That you are a car driver with full valid UK driving licence and use of a motor vehicle
At Surrey, we really value our staff, and as part of this commitment, we ensure all staff:
- Attend a full induction where you will undertake all the mandatory training you will need. This will include classroom training, e-learning and a range of workplace shadowing opportunities
- Are assigned a “buddy” to help you settle into your new role
- Are provided with a Practice, Performance and Personal Development folder to support your career development
- Have access to a wide range of training opportunities to help you develop yourself within the role
Other benefits of working for Surrey include:
- 26 days paid holiday a year, increasing to 28 days after 2 years service.
- A local government pension scheme
- SWE registration paid
- Flexible working
- Laptop and mobile phone provided to all Social Workers
For more information, please find the full job description attached at the bottom of this advert.Job Advert
This is an 18-month Fixed-Term contract from October 2020 to April 2022 to cover Senior Social Worker on Secondment as Assistant Team Manager.Additional Information
For an informal discussion contact Julie Williams by e-mail at Julie.Williams@surreycc.gov.uk. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on Sunday, 27 September 2020.
Remote interviews will take place week commencing, Monday, 5 October 2020.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Please do not apply if you have been unsuccessful at interview stage previously for this role for any team across Adult Social Care in Surrey County Council as your application will not be considered for 3 months from your interview.Company Information
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.