At Reading we empower our employees to deliver their best, in a way that suits their lifestyle. As such we benefit from a diverse team, many live locally but many are based much further away. We’re happy to consider flexible working patterns for this post and would be comfortable with the role being delivered up to three days a week from home.
As for your future, there’s everything to gain. As a learning organisation, we offer exceptional opportunities for training, development and career progression.
About the role
In this role you’ll provide expert knowledge in relation to the Council’s Treasury Management Function. Working closely with colleagues to inform the Council’s Capital and Treasury Strategies and processes for investment and borrowing activities.
- Contribute towards the preparation of reports and returns including the Treasury annual strategy and outturn report for Council.
- Prepare, manage and forecast the Council’s cash flows for use by finance colleagues.
- Undertake transactions to invest surplus funds and borrow funds in accordance with the Treasury Management Strategy Statement and other written procedures.
- Monitor the financial markets and make recommendations on the source and timing of long-term borrowing.
- AAT qualified technician or part CCAB/CIMA qualified.
- Knowledge of Local Government Treasury Management Practices will really help you to hit the ground running.
- We’ll need you to have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail whilst still being able to see the big picture.
- Working collaboratively is important to us so you should be able to network and build relationships quickly.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly environment.
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including;
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years.
To arrange a confidential discussion on this position please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 28th September 2020
Interview Date: Wc 5th October 2020
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.