Enhanced DBS with Barred List Check
Reading Borough Council has an exciting opportunity to recruit for a specialist Housing Needs Projects Officer post with a strong strategic and service improvement. Our successful applicant will lead on select projects, alongside Housing Needs managers, towards improving the pathways and services that aim to prevent and relieve homelessness and rough sleeping in our borough.
About the role
We are seeking someone who can lead on the co-ordination of specific Housing Needs projects relating to the delivery of the borough’s Homelessness Strategy, Rough Sleeping Strategy and Reading’s Preventing and Reducing Youth Homelessness Action Plan. You will do this by being able to build and maintain cross-sector partnerships quickly and effectively; by researching best practice, undertaking comprehensive service reviews and then co-ordinating and assisting in the delivery of resulting action plans.
You must be approachable, enthusiastic and self-driven. You must be passionate about positive outcomes for people who are homeless. In leading projects and re-shaping services within Housing Needs, you will be embracing the challenges of the homelessness sector and making a genuine difference to professional working and customers lives.
It is essential that candidates can demonstrate previous experience of:
- Working within a housing environment
- Project management
- Cross-sector and multi-agency team working
Your core skills and competencies should include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High-level analytical and influencing skills
- Strong self-motivation/organisational skills and good use of your own initiative
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
- Eye care - help towards an eye test and glasses, if you use a computer at work
For more information on this position please contact Verena Hutcheson on 0118 937 4136 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss this position in more detail.
Closing Date: 27th September 2020
Interview Date: tbc
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.