NJC08 - £20,493
2x 37 hours per week, Fixed Term for 6 months
There are two roles available within the team which can be based anywhere within the UK and will be predominantly home based using agile, flexible and virtual working practices; with only a need for occasional travel to locations within North East Lincolnshire.
North East Lincolnshire Council (NELC) has an exciting pair of opportunities available undertaking the same role, however with both having the potential to work across a business as usual (BAU) as well as a Project Team. Both roles will have a focus on delivering beneficial change to the organisation, which in turn will support the local community. Within this role, the candidate will be contributing to the ongoing and successful implementation of a new HR and Payroll System while providing support and assistance to the wider HR department and associated sub teams (including and not limited to People Services and Payroll and Pensions teams).
The successful applicant will be working within the People Services team alongside a Payroll and Pensions team and Project Team within People and Culture (HR); providing an effective and efficient advice and administrative support service to all customers whilst building good relationships within your wider team and the department as a whole.
As part of your role, you will be supported, through training, mentoring and supervision to undertake the following duties:-
- Acting as the first point of contact for routine customer queries and escalating queries accordingly
- Administration of recruitment and selection processes
- Data input into the Council’s HR systems, ensuring that all data is accurate, reliable and consistent
- Administration duties, e.g. processing invoices, document collation/distribution and note taking
- Supporting with the delivery of bespoke HR related projects and programmes of works
- Assisting with the deliverables of the department as a whole and undertaking other tasks as and when required to aid fellow teams within the department
This role requires good organisational and communication skills, the ability to prioritise your workload in order to meet multiple deadlines, accuracy and an eye for detail, and a good knowledge of Microsoft applications, e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook.
The successful candidate will be required to have Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy skills.
You will often be required to handle work of a confidential nature, therefore it is essential that you have a good understanding of the need for confidentiality within the workplace.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Lisa Panaro on 01472 323234 or Lisa.Panaro@nelincs.gov.uk
Closing Date: Wednesday, 23rd September 2020 at 12pm.
Interview will be held via Microsoft Teams.