Greenacre Community Nursery School is a Sefton Local Authority Nursery School with resourced provision in Bootle, Merseyside. We offer nursery education for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
We are seeking to appoint an SEN Teaching Assistant Level 2 to work with children with Special Educational and complex needs, in our two year old room.
The hours of work are 30 per week Monday to Friday 8.45am-3.30pm, term time.
You must be:
- qualified at the appropriate level (NVQ Level 2 TA qualification)
- experience of EYFS
- as this position is working with some of our most vulnerable pupils; experience of working with children with additional needs is essential.
- have fun/enthusiasm/passion for learning and enjoy working with children
- hard working, flexible, committed and reliable
- excellent communication skills
- be well organised
- willing to go the ‘extra mile’ and have a ‘can do’ approach
- nurture and provide an exciting, challenging and stimulating learning environment for our children and are able to adapt to specific learning needs in a fun and caring manner.
- be open to change and develop practice with the needs of the pupil
- be prepared to play an active role in feeding back to parents and colleagues regarding both the needs and progress of the child.
- committed to the whole school community and be prepared to be actively involved in the life of the school
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitiation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share the commitment.
You will be joining a hard working and highly successful staff team, who will provide you with appropriate support to enable you to develop yourself professionally. This is a great opportunity to join a successful school and provide our children with an excellent education.
The closing date for applications is Friday 18th September at noon.
School email: firstname.lastname@example.org