Dartford Housing Services really value the contribution our staff make and in return, we offer the opportunity to ‘make a difference’ and go home at the end of the day with a very real feeling of accomplishment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organised professional who is looking for a challenging new role in a busy housing office environment.
You will play a key role in improving housing need in the borough and ensuring Dartford residents have a decent place to live in. As part of a wider integrated Housing Options & Private Sector Team you will be passionate about customer service excellence and will be a significant contributor to our vision of becoming the best Housing Team in Kent
The post holder will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repairs of the DPLS (Dartford Private Leasing Scheme) and Temporary Accommodation properties for the Housing Solutions & Private Sector Team, this will include;
- Effectively managing all property repairs and improvements
- Ensuring quick turnaround of void properties
- Dealing with tenants in relation to repairs and property condition related matters
- Ensuring good property standards and compliance with legal requirements and the lease conditions
- Managing the handback of properties to Private landlords at the end of the lease
- Building effective working relationships with both the Housing Options & Private Sector Team and local private of rented accommodation suppliers.
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience of working in a housing maintenance environment:
- Excellent numeracy, written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent administration skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good keyboard skills and the proven ability to learn and utilise new software;
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a flexible approach;
- Good customer care skills;
- Working knowledge of HHSRS
- A building maintenance related qualification is desirable.
Interviews to take place w/c 5th October