The South West Procurement Alliance is one of the regional arms of the LHC (London Housing Consortium), a public sector framework provider established in 1966.
- Our mission is "Through improved procurement, deliver better homes and buildings that enhance local communities." and to be a recognised centre of excellence in procurement.
- We rebranded as SWPA in October 2019 and are growing our presence and profile in the South West.
- We have an office in Exeter and take part in the wider debates and initiatives that are important in the region - supporting the local economy and environmental sustainability.
- We are a not for profit organisation and our surplus is re-invested into community benefit projects.
Check out our website at https://swpa.org.uk/
About the role
The South West Procurement Alliance is seeking to appoint a Technical Support Manager covering the South West region.
You will be responsible for organising your own time to achieve the required tasks and will need to have excellent time management, people and communication skills. You will work closely with other team members, combining respective skills and experience to deliver the best solutions for clients and appointed companies.
SWPA is a small team with a growing workload, influence and presence in the South West. We pride ourselves on a collaborative and innovative approach, being at the forefront of current issues- modern methods of construction, social value in procurement and the sustainability and climate change agenda.
You will have experience of public sector construction and compliance, in both the residential and non-residential sectors.
You will provide technical support and advice to clients using our frameworks, by attending pre-contract meetings, visiting sites, liaising with clients and appointed companies and advising them on pricing and technical queries. You will also have or gain knowledge of public sector investment and the companies operating in the South West, so that you can develop new frameworks that meet the needs of South West clients.
No two days will be the same. You will need to be energetic, flexible and agile, responding to requirements from both internal and external stakeholders, in a timely and efficient manner.
What we offer
- Basic salary Grade POC which starts at £41,675.
- Company car/allowance.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- 33 days holiday plus public holidays.
- 36 hour week.
- Cycle purchase scheme.
What to do next