Leasehold Services Officer
Contract Type: Secondment/Fixed term until 31st October 2021
Salary : SO1 £29, 766 - £30, 708
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Homeownership Services for an officer to join the Income Team on a Fixed Term until 31st March 2021.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and innovative individual who has experience in the recovery of all service charge income in accordance with Enfield Council guidelines. You should have experience of dealing with Leaseholders and a basic understanding of Leasehold Law.
You must have direct experience of delivering a front-line service in the challenging housing environment and possess excellent written and verbal communications.
You must be proficient in IT and able to provide advice on availability of financial assistance for leaseholders in respect of major works debt, including basic benefit advice and make referrals to Debt Advice Agencies as necessary.
You must have experience of working in a team as well as on your own initiative and must be organised and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. You must also be able to work directly with customers, have excellent communication skills, and have a passion for delivering first class customer service.
This role is both challenging and rewarding and requires someone who can think on their feet and has a working knowledge of current legislation.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. 2. your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight, 25th September 2020
Interview Date: TBC
The standard process is for posts to be advertised on the Councils redeployment and internal site concurrently, however those members of staff that are at risk of redundancy and on the Council’s redeployment register will be considered first.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Tal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or email@example.com.
If you wish to know more about the position, please contact Bernard Onabolu on 020 8132 1820 or Bernard.Onabolu@enfield.gov.uk for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.