Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About Business Performance
The Business Performance Service has been established to work closely with senior managers and front line services to support and understand service needs and demands to drive service improvement across the Council.
The service works as a cross-cutting team aligned to corporate priorities offering greater responsiveness as well as supporting an integrated approach to delivery.
We work collaboratively with other services such as finance, procurement, communication, transformation, IT, the contact centre and partners to strengthen the depth of analysis and better inform decision-making by services.
About the role
An exciting opportunity to work in the Business Performance (BI) team and drive service-wide improvement.
This is a varied and challenging role, responsible for essential and meaningful business intelligence.
You will be working closely with Service and Senior Managers across the Council, delivering critical analysis to inform service, development, commissioning and working in partnership to achieve service improvements. Key to this will be the ability to turn our data into meaningful analysis by benchmarking locally and nationally and pulling out examples of best practice. This will require the use of strong research and analytical skills to take data to the next level.
This role is critical in the success of underpinning service change programmes which include amongst others; early intervention in children's services, prevention of homelessness, analysis of Public Health Services; community safety and support service planning and corporate performance management.
We are looking for an ambitious candidate with an interest and proven experience in using data to both support decision making and drive service improvement. You will be a team player, motivated and proactive with a flexible and problem solving approach. To be successful in this role you will need to have excellent attention to detail, strong research skills, the ability to exploit IT to aid performance management and reporting (including the use of Excel, Business Objects) and a proven track record of providing business intelligence/performance support. Some experience or background in Social Care, Housing, Public Health and/or Children's services will be a distinct advantage but more importantly is the ability to work across disciplines.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Interviews will be held on 2nd October 2020, however this may be subject to change depending on business need.
If you would like to have a brief conversation with the recruiting manager prior to applying, please contact Naveed Mohammed () or Paul Alexander ()