In Nottinghamshire we work together to make a big difference – making sure we focus on our residents and enabling them to enjoy a good life through quality care and support. It is a good place to work and we've built a culture where we respond flexibly to solve challenges with a strong team ethos alongside individual ownership.
Nottinghamshire County Council is predicting an increase in population and has recognised health inequality across the county. There has never been a more important time to ensure that independence and wellbeing are promoted, that residents are given choice and control, and that value for money is present for all Nottinghamshire’s residents.
We have worked hard in adult social care and health to implement emergency models of service to cope with COVID-19 and maintain safe services. Adult Social Care will not be the same again and there is now a huge opportunity to reimagine and reshape how we support people to lead a good life. We have started our journey to reset adult social care, and we are looking for someone to join the team to help us to achieve this in the development and delivery of quality market management.
We are looking to you for visible, kind and authentic leadership, someone who encourages diversity and seeks different perspectives. You will be innovative and constantly looking at ways to improve. You’ll embody a can-do attitude and will be prepared to challenge and intervene effectively to ensure that there is a sharp focus on outcomes rather than just measuring numbers.
In this role you will be:
- responsible for leading market management for a wide range of health and social care services through constructive dialogue with providers
- leading quality assurance and compliance with care standards for all commissioned and regulated services including the hosting of specific health quality monitoring functions requiring specialist nursing qualification
- influencing local strategic priority setting both with the County Council and across health, independent, voluntary and social care partnerships
- developing and implementing market sustainability strategies and plans
- building effective relationships to drive quality standards with the CCG and CQC
You will have responsibility for a budget between £15 and £25 million and will manage a minimum of 6 direct reports, with overall responsibility for a service comprised of approximately 30- 50 FTE staff.
You will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and with Group Manager colleagues across the department and the Council and will be expected to report regularly to the Adult Social Care and Public Health Committee concerning contract compliance and quality assurance in the social care market.
We hope you have been tempted to apply and look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: 17th September 2020