Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology enables staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About The Team
Hounslow’s Strategic Development and Delivery team works to deliver major development schemes that bring new employment and housing to help meet the Council’s strategic objectives to create more jobs and affordable housing. Our team also oversees the collection of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) from new development which is essential to fund the new facilities and infrastructure needed to ensure we deliver growth.
About the Job
We need a Community Infrastructure Levy Officer within our Strategic Development and Delivery team. The main focus of this role is to assist with the collection of CIL payments. The successful candidate will need to know what CIL is and methods of calculation and collection. You will be comfortable looking at floor plans and working out areas, and then be able to calculate amounts of money due, when they are due, to send out letters requesting payments, and help maintain a database of development liable for CIL.
Additionally, the role also involves helping with the administration of major projects undertaken by the Strategic Development and Delivery Team which in addition to managing CIL collection, oversees Planning Performance Agreements, pre-application advice requests and assessment of major planning applications.
- To assist collection and monitoring of CIL payments.
- To calculate when the amount of CIL and when payments are due.
- To prepare and send correspondence for CIL liabilities and payments and answer questions about CIL.
- Assisting the Strategic Development and Delivery team with administration of major projects including Planning Performance Agreements, pre-application advice applications, major planning applications and reporting on CIL matters.
- An understanding of CIL and methods of calculation and collection, and related a best practice guidance, legislation and regulation.
- An ability to look at building floor plans and work out areas to input in calculations, being good with numbers, and accurate at data entry.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to use ICT.
- An ability to use administrative skills to aid the management of projects as part of a team and being well organised.
Essential for The Role
- An understanding of CIL.
- Good numeracy and literacy ability.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8583 4899
Online interviews will be held from: 21st September 2020
Closing date: 16th September 2020