As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what's important so that we make a real and positive difference. Our values are outlined in our Ways of Working and our Guiding Principles and if they reflect how you are and how you work then this could be the role that meets your expectations.
What is the role?
You will deliver exceptional customer service by supporting the IT Service Desk Manager and effectively recording and resolving Incidents, Problems and Requests.
- Undertake staff administration and support activities as directed by the IT Service Desk Manager.
- Maintain the staff rotas and operational resourcing plan.
- Take the lead role on documentation and documentation standards.
- Review the quality of the service provided, recommend improvements and take action as appropriate to implement these, as directed by the IT Service Desk Manager.
- Monitor feedback from customers (surveys and incident/request feedback) and create action plans to improve service as a result.
- Induct staff.
- Train IT staff in the effective use of the Ticketing System.
- Deputise for the IT Service Desk Manager.
As part of a team you will provide Information Services customers with 1st and 2nd line support.
You will receive and handle requests for support following agreed procedures, respond to common requests for support by providing information to enable problem resolution and promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate.
You will record incidents and provide timely feedback to customers.
- Act as the first point of contact for all queries and issues, primarily via telephone calls but also incidents raised through a self service portal and email.
- Work with and as 2nd line support, maintaining ownership of all calls taken until the point of closure.
- “Troubleshoot“a wide variety of problems and you will identify and deliver practical solutions.
- Administer parts of the technical environment.
- Be required to cross skill with 2nd line colleagues.
Who is the person?
- Must have IT Service Desk experience in a support role.
- To have a tenacity in pursuing the resolution of difficult issues whilst dealing with challenging people.
- To have experience of converting issues into successful outcomes.
- To be committed to delivering exceptional customer service and improving service standards whilst providing fit for purpose customer solutions to time, quality and budget.
- Have experience of successfully managing stakeholder relationships.
- A proven track record in the creative use of resources to deliver outcomes.
- Have experience of influencing positive outcomes by using your excellent negotiation and communication skills to be able to bring all parties/stakeholders on board. The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- To have experience of leading by example to inspire staff and colleagues.
- You will be an innovative and creative individual, who is able to bring fresh new ideas to set us apart from others as well producing and executing credible and feasible plans and solutions.
- Have excellent organisational skills and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- To have a proven track record in identifying and solving complex problems.
- Experience of implementing and following best practice. Responsible and accountable for delivery of your personal tasks and outcomes.
- To be consistent, supportive, proactive and flexible in the way you deliver.
- Be positive, and energetic and take pride in your and our success.
- Be a major contributor, committed to team success. Be an effective team member with the ability to cover as and when needed.
You will have skill in the following areas:
- ICT Service delivery.
- Technical authoring.
- Active Directory/Windows administration.
- A+ Certification or equivalent knowledge.
- Microsoft Office – intermediate/advanced (2010/2013/2016).
- Windows Operating Systems.
- Use of the telephone in a service desk environment.
- A Service Desk logging system.
- Experience of Supporting Application users.
- Experience of undertaking a variety of administrative tasks.
Working Time Arrangements:
- Required to participate in a team rota to cover the period between 8:00am and 5.00pm.
- Required to provide support for Elections.