Post 1: Permanent, 37 hours per week, full time
Post 2: Temporary, 37 hours per week, full time until 31st March 2022
Due to current Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions we are following Government advice and this may result in interviews being held via video call.
We are looking to recruit 2 Project Development Officers to join the Business Development Unit. Working in Housing’s Business Development Unit will give you the opportunity to contribute to the work of award-winning services committed to improving and delivering the best for Rotherham’s tenants and residents.
Working within the Business Development Unit you will have the opportunity to work on projects that deliver the units overall priorities of:
- Driving cross-service improvements
- Developing and promoting a culture of performance management throughout the service
- Promoting new ways of working that deliver improved outcomes for customers through digital channels
- Delivering Housing that supports independent living for more people for longer
Please note we will shortlist according to the shortlisting and interview criteria from the job profile. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of delivering project activity in a public sector environment
- Experience of using a range of project planning and programme management, business process redesign, value for money and efficiency related techniques
- Ability to explain statistical terms and findings to non-technical colleagues
- Experience of work and communication with a broad range of stakeholders, agencies and partners in a customer facing environment
- Knowledge of service delivery across a range of services including outcomes and performance measures
- Experience of developing and delivering bespoke interventions and action plans and in meeting clearly defined targets which deliver against operational objectives and priorities
- Experience in translating customer insight and business intelligence in order to improve service delivery and enhance organisational performance
- Experience of using a range of computer applications and ICT including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, internet and e-mail.
Within the Business Development Team, you will be one of a team of Project Development Officers who will be responsible for supporting, planning and delivering sustained service development in order to improve the performance of the Housing Service. Within this role you will develop revised policies, procedures and operating systems, collate, analyse and interpret customer data, providing insight across all business functions to drive effective decision making and to improve the customer experience.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity please contact either Paul Elliott, Business and Commercial Manager (email@example.com) or Sue Shelley, Business Development Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please state clearly on your application form which post(s) you wish to apply for.
This post will have access to the Public Services Network, if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at the Basic level (unspent criminal convictions).
From 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2022 employees paid at Band D and above are subject to a temporary pay reduction of 1.15% spread out by means of a weekly / monthly deduction (dependent on pay frequency) from each pay period over the full financial year. In recognition of implementing this temporary measure, those who experience a pay reduction will be awarded of three additional day’s leave (pro rata for part-time).
For more information about the above post or to see our full range of job opportunities and apply online, take a look at our website www.rotherham.gov.uk/work
Closing date: 20 September 2020