Claygate Assistant Cook
Community Support Services
Hours: 18.75 per week – Monday to Friday 9.30am to 1.15pm.
£10.57 - £11.02 per hour.
Can you offer a smile and a cheery attitude to our customers as you help make them a hot meal? Would you like to spend time with a group of dedicated and inspiring people? Can you work a few hours a week supporting older people in the community? Looking for a flexible role, where you can work the hours you decide, provided always that the requirement is there? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then we may have a role for you?
Working with an energetic and dedicated team, you will be helping to cook meals for our customers and supporting our Meals on Wheels service. However, there is more to your role than delivering wholesome and tasty meals and ensuring high standards of hygiene and service are provided; you will be one of the people bringing a smile, a laugh and even comfort to our older and more vulnerable customers.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to our community and we are proud of the support we bring to our older residents through the Community Support Services team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
You can be part of this!
At the heart of this service are our seven Centres for the Community in Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Weybridge, Thames Ditton, Cobham, Molesey and Claygate. Each of these centres has its own personality; its own community but they are connected by a determination to provide high quality services to older and vulnerable people in our community.
About the role
- You will be working at the Claygate Centre for the Community.
- The job will be truly varied and as you might expect from the job title you will be involved with a variety of kitchen and catering tasks such as preparing food, cooking and cleaning catering equipment, as well assisting in serving lunches.
- You will be in a great position to share ideas across the Centres and to help ensure that our Centres provide the best possible service to our customers.
- You will have a good standard of education, be passionate about cooking, equally happy working in a team as on your own and you will understand the value and importance of customer service.
If you would like to know more, please call Trudy Burgess the Claygate Centre Manager on Tel no: 01372 463476.
Closing date: Monday 21st September.