We require experienced individuals for our teams carrying out repair work to our highways and footways.
Ideally you'll have worked in a team, be self-motivated and be proficient in the following areas:
- to safely carry out repairs and improvements to a variety of built environment infrastructure such as modular paving, kerb installation, bituminous macadam laying, concreting, pipe laying, hard and soft landscaping including drainage repair, excavation and shoring.
- to be aware of and have working knowledge and application of design drawings, specifications and civil engineering techniques.
- to ensure safe methods of working through the use of personal protective equipment, correct manual handling and the use of small plant / equipment such as excavators, roller / breaker, compactors, dumpers, motorised circular saws and other highways related equipment.
- to apply and abide by Health and Safety at Work Act, Road Traffic Act and apply safe methods of working by to all activities.
- to drive a range of vehicles with a gross weight of up to 32 tonnes heavy goods vehicles (HGV), which could also include tractors, tippers, HIAB crane, tail lift, pick-ups and transit vans.
- be willing to participate in the winter maintenance out of hours rota.