Hounslow Children’s Services are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Advanced Practitioner to join our Intake East Team. Advanced Practitioners acts as practice leaders across Specialist Children Services while carrying a reduced case load.
The team is fast paced and offers an array of experiences within a supportive environment. We promote relationship-based practice and work with families and other professionals to achieve change. Direct work and hearing the child's voice is essential in our work.
The London Borough of Hounslow Intake East team has grown immensely over the past 12 months and is a vibrant, dedicated and stable team that benefits from three experienced managers. The team rise to the challenge and work incredibly hard to provide effective and timely support to our children and families.
What our Social Workers say about us:
"The best thing about working here is the training and development opportunities and the supportive team". Staff in Intake East have said “We feel well supported and enjoy the flexibility of managers”.
Ofsted said that social workers in Hounslow are very motivated and they are working hard to get the best outcomes for children. Social workers told inspectors that they feel well supported by their line managers and have regular supervision and access to training.
The right candidate will have a proven commitment to achieving the best outcomes for children and young people whilst working quickly and under pressure. The right candidate will model excellent practice, mentor and coach less experienced social workers, and be the specialist lead across the service in an agreed area of practice.
The skills you will bring:
- You will be able to gather information quickly and effectively to inform your judgement for intervention.
- You will be able to communicate with compassion and authority showing leaderships skills.
- You will engage with families in challenging situation to ensure risk to children are identified and managed.
- You will have a good understanding of the legislation and be able to proactively manage both Private and Care Proceedings.
- You will be able to evidence how you have supported less experienced colleagues in their development and management of complex cases.
How will you be supported?
- You will be part of a supportive team of Advanced Practitioners across the service who meet regularly to share knowledge and ideas to develop practice.
- You will receive regular, reflective supervision from experienced social work managers.
- You will have access to a range of training opportunities through the West London Alliance Hounslow Safeguarding Partnership.
- You will work in a modern new building with IT equipment that supports flexible and remote working. This helps our staff to achieve better work/life balance.
You will have:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/Diploma).
- Registered with Social Work England.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position, please contact Zara O’Donnell, Team Manager, Zara.O’email@example.com, Tel: 02085836381 or Esmeralda Pangendaw, Assistant Team Manager, Esmeralda.Pangendaw@hounslow.gov.uk, Tel: 02085834571.
To apply please visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/jobs
Closing date is 16 September 2020
Interviews will be held during week commencing 21 September 2020