School Business Manager
Required for January 2021 or earlier if possible
Salary Grade/Salary range: P03 – P05 - £38,403 - £47,274 pro rata
Actual Salary: £35,646 - £43,880 per annum (depending on experience)
Hours: 35 hours per week; Term Time plus 3 weeks
The Headteacher and Governors at Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre are seeking to appoint a dynamic, creative and experienced School Business Manager
to strategically and operationally lead, manage and drive all aspects of the whole provision, to include the finance, administrative, premises, health and safety and human resource functions of the provision.
This is a managerial role which will require the post holder to have or be able to develop a strategic understanding of current and developing business issues within education. The post holder will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team with a key role in the continued development of the provision including extended services.
To be part of our vibrant, multicultural and happy school you will need to have:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills;
- A commitment to whole provision development;
- A commitment to the ethos of the provision that is inclusive and aspirational;
- A proactive and imaginative approach to future initiatives including fundraising and further business opportunities;
- A good understanding of imminent funding changes and their impact at Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre;
- Self-motivation and initiative to work as part of a team and individually;
- Creativity and a good sense of humour!
We would welcome, and encourage, the opportunity to show interested applicants the provision. Please see our website www.ambler.islington.sch.uk to get a flavour of Ambler.
Please phone the school on 020 7226 4708 for further information or to make an appointment to visit.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 27th August 2020
Interview date: w/c 21st September 2020
Apply online at www.islington.gov.uk following the jobs link, or for any queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number AMB/636.
Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, if this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to declare.