Do you have experience and knowledge of SEND policies and practices?
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to and develop strategies to support families and pupils with special educational needs?
We are looking for a new addition to our SEND team of creative and proactive practitioners.
You will have:
- A high level of interpersonal skills with experience of working well with schoolsA proven and developed set of communication skills
- An ability to build effective relationships and engage in partnership working
- A high standard of written skills for producing EHCPs while taking all advice into consideration and to produce a range of written correspondence
- A commitment to working within a team environment and to contribute to the team ethos
- Organisational skills that can meet conflicting demands to ensure deadlines are met
- A proactive working style that has demonstrated he ability to achieve positive and sustainable change
- A proficiency in the use of ICT and awareness of EMS to support the delivery of the service
You will have the opportunity:
- To develop innovative practice within a well-established team
- For induction and ongoing professional development
Hours: 36 per week x 52 weeks per annum
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date is Midnight 14th August 2020
Interview date : TBA
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Paula Dixon on 0208 132 1044 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Kerry Beldam on 0208 132 2341 or email@example.com for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.