Surrey Adult Learning provide a wide range of daytime, evening and Saturday courses and learning opportunities for adults. The provision includes leisure courses like arts and crafts and languages; qualification courses such as GCSE’s in English and Maths; classes which support those with learning difficulties and/or disabilities; classes aimed at parents/carers to help them support their children and improve their own skills; and an outreach provision aimed at vulnerable groups in the community who would not normally engage in any form of learning.
Surrey Adult Learning has seven centres across North and South West Surrey and is looking to appoint cleaners in all its centres. The post holder will clean designated classrooms/areas at specific times of the day, between our morning, afternoon and evening lessons to ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained at all times for our learners and staff.
Key aspects of the role include being able to:
- Carry out high touch point cleaning and sanitising in classrooms.
- Damp wiping all desks, chairs, doors, fixtures and fittings as per cleaning specification.
- Clean equipment used during the lessons.
- Clean toilets and washrooms.
- Clean communal areas.
- Deal with customer requests promptly and courteously.
- Ensure all areas of your schedule are completed to required timescale.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Have knowledge of basic cleaning equipment and materials.
You will have good communication skills and be polite, friendly and welcoming delivering excellent customer care for the users of the Centre.
You will have previous cleaning experience and be able to demonstrate a successful track record of working under pressure. You will use your own initiative and be motivated by a need to provide the highest level of hygiene.
If you are adaptable and can be flexible with your working hours, then we'd love to hear from you.
For more information, please see the full job description attached at the bottom of this page.
Weekdays Monday to Friday, hours are variable with shorter shifts of 12.00 - 2.00 p.m. and 4.00 - 6.00 p.m. and one longer shift of 12.00 – 6.00 p.m. Term Time Only for 34/39 weeks per year.
These vacancies are based in our 7 Adult Learning Centres:
- Camberley Adult Learning Centre, France Hill Drive, Camberley, GU15 3QB.
- Esher Green Adult Learning Centre, 19 Esher Green, Esher, KT10 8AA.
- Farnham Adult Learning Centre, 25 West Street, Farnham, GU9 7DR.
- Guildford Adult Learning Centre, Sydenham Road, Guildford, GU1 3RX.
- Molesey Henrietta Parker Adult Learning Centre, Ray Road, West Molesey, KT8 2LG.
- Sunbury Adult Learning Centre, The Avenue, Sunbury on Thames, TW16 5DZ.
- Woking Adult Learning Centre, Hoebrook Close, Westfield, Woking, GU22 9PE.
Please include all locations you wish to be considered for on the application form and the times you are interested in.Additional Information
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Emma Brummitt on 0208 541 8759 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 14/08/2020.
Interviews dates to be confirmed.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.Company Information
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.