Job Title: Support Worker
Location: St Michaels House, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 3SF
Salary: £18,795 - £20,344 pa plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual)* subject to criteria
Hours: 37 hours per week
2 WEEK REPEATING ROTA WITH A MIXTURE OF EARLY SHIFTS, LATE SHIFTS.
1 Weekend in 2. Early shifts start at 7.30am and finish at 3pm, late shifts start at 2.30/3pm and finish at 10pm.
St Michael’s House is a short break and enablement service for adults with physical disabilities.
On any given day, we support a large number of complex and vulnerable adults with physical disabilities and additional needs, who require support to work towards independence. As a part of your day- to-day duties, you will be working to create and implement support plans for adults with varying disabilities. We are looking for talented people with a blend of skills, to help us achieve our ambitions in promoting independent living and providing a platform to flourish.
Nearest Bus Stop: Ethelred Close or Longlands Road (Routes 230, 331, 403 & 404) Please follow this link for route information: https://bustimes.org/localities/E0014344
Nearest Train Station: Welwyn Garden City, Greater Anglia, 1.2m, 24 min walk. Please follow link for travel information. http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/ldbboard/dep/WGC
About the job:
- To support service users, in line with their support plans, including people with complex emotional and physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence during their short break or enablement stay.
- Undertake medication duties, including administration and recording.
- To be responsible for co-ordination of service users finances/handling money in line with support plans.
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support.
- You must be comfortable in supporting Adults with personal care, including assisting in toileting, washing and dressing.
- Assist with daily living skills, shopping, cooking and attending medical appointments
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please feel free to call Karen Matthews on 01707-281475
Closing date: 23 August 2020
Interview date: TBC
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.