Job Title: Senior Support Worker
Location: Tannerswood Close, Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire, WD5 0HR
Salary: £20,344 – £24,799 - plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual) subject to criteria*
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Secondment or Fixed Term Contract until 31 July 2021
THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WEEKEND WORKING AND SHIFT WORK PATTERNS
Tanners Wood Close is a Supported Living Scheme in Abbots Langley offering social care, and support. On the site there are adults with learning disabilities who are tenants of Aldwyck Housing Association – a Social Care landlord. The site also has a care home unit offering respite care in a 8 bedded house. We also have 3 group homes in the community.
The support offered takes into account the varying needs of people including: mild to severe learning disabilities, mental health difficulties, sensory impairments, epilepsy and the beginnings of age-related conditions.
The aim is to assist/support people to learn or maintain daily living skills to enable independence as far as possible. All staff employed at the scheme are trained to an appropriate level and are expected to treat everyone with dignity and respect. The service offered at Tanners Wood Close is 24 hours and includes waking night staff to meet people’s needs.
Nearest Bus Stop: De Havilland or Tanners Wood Lane – Routes 8, 318, H19 & R9.
Please follow link for route information: https://www.geopunk.co.uk/bus-stop/210021806220
Nearest Train Station: Kings Langley (National Rail), 1 mile, 19 min walk.
Please follow link for travel information: http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/ldbboard/dep/KGL
About the job:
- To support service users, in line with their support plans, including people with complex emotional and physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence, within a safe environment.
- Promote good practice and provide formal supervision in line with the Performance Management and Development Scheme to nominated junior staff and give day to day guidance to junior staff – assuming the role of ‘shift leader’ or ‘shift coordinator’.
- Undertake medication duties, including administration and recording, and where appropriate supervise junior staff in this task
- To be responsible for co-ordination of service users finances/handling money in line with support plans.
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support, through developing, implementing and reviewing individual support plans in conjunction with service users.
- Experience of supporting people with learning and physical disabilities and have either gained NVQ/QCF level 2/3 qualification or equivalent or be willing to work towards an RQF level 3.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers, social work teams and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
If you would like to arrange a visit or would like an informal chat about the role, please feel free to call Jo Hislop on 01923 270 270
Closing date: 16 August 2020
Interview date: TBC
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.