Wokingham Borough Council is based in Wokingham Town Centre are recruiting an experienced Data Specialist on a full time 12 month Fixed Term Contract to work within the IT Team. The position is based at our Waterford House office in Wokingham. You will report directly to the Data & Development Manager.
We are seeking to expand our GIS data team and need a Data Specialist with a particular focus on GIS. You will be responsible for assisting in the development and support of GIS (ESRI) applications for the council. You will work very closely with a senior GIS Data Specialist to expand our service offering across departments in the Council. You will also work with customers, Business Partners and ESRI to ensure a robust and reliable service is provided to the customer.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
• Develop and implement data solutions that meet identified business requirements
• Undertake data analysis across a wide range of technology platforms
• Participate in data lifecycle activity to ensure solutions are developed and delivered to best practice methodologies
• Cleansing of data to ensure data integrity and performance
Skills, Knowledge & Experience required:-
• Data management skills to manage GIS data in ESRI ArcGIS software and SQL
• Management of a governance process for data quality
• Development of GIS
• Analytical thinking
• Data capture and transformation
• Experience of working with business colleagues and associated stakeholder management skills desirable
• The ability to understand business requirements and translate these into potential technical deliverables
• Maintenance of up-to-date and accurate geospatial documentation
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant IT professional qualification
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact Julie Teague by email at Julie.email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply, please follow the link to the online Application Form. CV’s are not accepted.
Closing date: 11pm 15th August 2020
Interview dates: TBC
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.