Senior Practitioner - Adoption
Adoption East Assessment Team
Based in Stevenage and working across Hertfordshire
Starting salary £34,788 – up to £38,813 pa, plus £2,000 annual market forces payment
Full time, 37 hours per week | Permanent
Hertfordshire Adoption service has recently undergone a transformation and as a result an exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as a Senior Practitioner in the Adoption Assessment Team East. The team sits within Hertfordshire’s Specialist Services, which is a forward-thinking service that places the outcomes for children at the heart of all we do. We are proud members of the Adopt East regional alliance.
Our primary role is to assess and prepare prospective adopters county wide for adoptive parenting. You will require a good awareness of developmental trauma and the impact on children and adoptive families. This is an opportunity to develop skills and expertise in assessing adoptive parents, matching adopters with children and supporting adopters through to adoption orders. You may also be involved with other case work across the Adoption Service, such as family finding and supporting families post Adoption Order.
We work closely with our childcare teams and the alliance, to support permanency planning and identifying appropriate matches for children with adopters. Early linking and fostering for adoption is firmly on our agenda.
This is a varied and challenging role where candidate is expected to have the following
- You will need to be a qualified social worker including HCPC registration and have a good understanding and experience of relevant adoption regulations and legislation.
- Experience in facilitating group work and training will be an advantage.
- Good assessment, analysis, and safeguarding skills are essential.
- Confidence to make autonomous decisions; able to Smart Work and visit out of county placements.
- As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites. A clean driving licence, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County is required for this role.
- Due to the nature of the role, flexibility around evening and weekend working is required. SMART working is essential particularly in relation to COVID 19 and the ability to work from home.
In return, we will offer excellent learning and development opportunities, protected caseload to deliver intensive and personalised care, regular supervision and an approachable and supportive team.
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all our employees. This includes:
- Free parking at all our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Lease car option
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out – please visit hertsrewards.co.uk for more detail.
For an informal discussion and more information please contact Catherine Turner 01438 843811 / 07812 323200 Catherine.email@example.com
Closing date: midnight 6th September
Interviews: 17th & 18th September
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.