An opportunity has presented itself within the Business Support Service for an enthusiastic and confident individual who can rise to the challenges of a busy support service.
Business Support are a diverse administrative service looking for someone who will provide our customers with a professional, high quality approach to service delivery; ensuring that both service standards and customer requirements are met.
This role will support our Central Depot section by providing a high quality administrative support for:
- Trade Waste- assisting with the coordination of trade waste accounts, including liaising with the waste and recycling crews
- Cemeteries Service, assisting with the booking of funerals, dealing with general enquiries from both members of the public and funeral directors
- Highways support, including administration of Streetworks to cover the substantive postholder. Data entry and reporting of statutory functions to the highways officers and liasing with our contact centre and any third parties
- Effective minute taking. The role will support both sickness and disciplinary meetings as well as offering project support to a number of initiatives managed by the Community Services
- General office duties including purchase ordering and invoicing.
The role is in an extremely busy and demanding environment and has a wide remit. The successful candidate will need to be able to learn the more technical aspects of highways as well as provide a comprehensive support function with minute taking and organisational skills being key. The successful applicant will need to work well under pressure, be able to prioritise, be flexible in their approach and have an excellent approach to numbers and data.
Qualifications for the position are 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) Grade C or above (including Maths and English), NVQ Level 2 and ECDL or equivalent.
Experience of working in a business support environment and dealing with a wide variety of requests and issues together with a rounded knowledge of Council services will be of great advantage in this role.
The position carries an Approved Casual Car User Allowance therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is a requirement.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date: 13th August 2020 – 12pm
Interview Date: 20th August 2020
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.