Enfield Council is seeking to appoint two Strategy and Policy Officers to work as part of our recently reconfigured Corporate Strategy Service.
These challenging new roles will require the you to support the Corporate Strategy Service in defined tasks that can deliver high quality policy, strategy and consultation work for the organisation.
You will use your excellent organisational, analytical, facilitating, drafting and research skills to support managers across the Service to deliver a varied rolling work programme of strategy and policy development and consultation projects that will help the council deliver its stated objectives as expressed in its new Council Plan.
As part of this programme, you will design, promote, analyse and report on time-limited consultation activity using specific IT packages and liaising with corporate communications where needed.
You will undertake internet-based research to gain information on best practice, Government policy and relevant national reports to help create presentational materials that will help keep strategy, policy and consultation work on track.
You will also take responsibility for diary management, facilitation and notary support for strategically important meetings for the service, liaising with officers across Council services, elected members, MPs offices and a range of local partner organisations.
If you have highly developed research and drafting skills, complemented by strong communication and relationship building abilities, please submit an application.
Permanent, Full Time vacancies
SO1 - £29,766 - £30,708 pa
Based at the Enfield Civic Centre
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight on Thursday 13th August 2020
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
- a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
- your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 0208 132 1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org