Salary: MM1 £37,905 to £48,486
Full time, 12 months Fixed Term / Secondment opportunity
There is no better time to join Enfield Council.
Our flagship regeneration programme is Meridian Water, the £7 billion regeneration of an 85- hectare site; our delivery approach is without precedent – the Council has taken control and will act as Master Developer for the site. 37 hectares of land have been acquired, planning permission obtained and the developer selected for the first 725 homes, our new station opened in June and we are currently procuring the developer for our next phase of development. A planning application has been submitted for the next 2,300 homes and we are also developing our meanwhile uses which recently saw the Field Day festival hosted on the site.
We require a dynamic, ambitious and experienced regeneration manager to join our team to drive forwards the next phases of delivery. You will have had experience with large and complex regeneration projects, financial modelling and appraisals and understand the commercial aspects of property development - demonstrating astute commercial and financial acumen.
The role requires a broad range of skills and experience, with the aptitude to be flexible and adapt priorities in line with changing circumstances and need. The Council is particularly interested in candidates who have the experience and vision to proactively manage an ambitious and innovative body of work.
The successful candidate will lead on preparing the business case and options appraisal for the next phase of delivery, procure and manage a team of consultants delivering and implementing the scheme-wide estate management strategy and manage the financial model. You will also lead the assessment of appropriate tenures for each phase of development, including non-standard housing tenures.
This is not your normal council job – we work at a fast pace, with a dynamic and a diverse team. If you have the right combination of skills and ambition, and are able to successfully integrate into a multi-disciplinary and eclectic team, this is the place to be.
The role involves managing projects, budgets, stakeholders, staff and representing the Council’s aspirations for Meridian Water. We are looking for candidates who can maintain a commercial outlook within a local government context and those with a track record of successful delivery.
1. Experience of managing high value, complex projects that contribute to the delivery of growth and regeneration priorities
2. Experience of managing procurement processes
3. Experience of managing consultants
4. Experience of managing budgets and resources
5. Willingness to respond quickly to changing work priorities, and ability to work proactively and collaboratively to solve problems, including finding compromises and flexible solutions
6. Experience of building relationships, developing and influencing partnerships to promote service delivery, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in complex or politically sensitive situations.
7. Able to present complex issues, write reports and communicate effectively with a range of audiences
1. A relevant degree or qualification
2. Prince 2 or equivalent project management qualification or proven project management experience
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. Your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 12th August 2020
Interview date: TBC
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Oluyemisi Morgan-Raiwe on 0208 132 0840 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org.