We are looking for a Commercial Administrator to provide comprehensive and effective administrative and business support functions across City Infrastructure (Commercial Team). They will assist in the effective and efficient running and development of the services, manage the day to day administrative processes, produce accurate and timely management information and support performance management across the service.
About the role
1. Manage a wide variety of data sets and systems that support the smooth running of the service. This includes service information (eg collection rounds, allotments data, Sports Bookings, vehicle databases, Health & Safety data) and HR information (eg PIER sickness data, annual leave data and Payroll).
2. To analyse data sets and produce clear and relevant management information and performance reports
3. To prepare and send out letters and emails to residents, councillors and other stakeholders as required including responses to complaints.
4. To manage stock and order supplies and services in line with the Councils procedures.
5. To provide a reception services for visitors to the offices dealing with queries and questions
6. To take payments for council services and facilities
7. To monitor lone working and advise if any staff are unaccounted for.
8. To undertake ad hoc research projects as requested.
9. Organise and prepare meetings, taking minutes where required.
10. Manage diaries and electronic schedules.
11. Work as a member of the team in a supportive, co-operative manner, sharing information and liaising with colleagues to provide support and cover when required, including provision of cover in the Contact Centre.
12. Develop and maintain effective and efficient office systems and processes and deal with enquiries from staff across the Directorate in terms of the location of said policies, procedures and documentation advising as appropriate.
13. Contribute to the induction and training of new staff within the team regarding the full range of more complex office procedures and computerised systems, including explaining administrative systems and procedures, how to use office equipment or standard software or databases and where to obtain basic role related information, providing a shadowing facility and sharing knowledge with less experienced colleagues to ensure that a consistent approach to service delivery is maintained.
14. Participate in staff meetings, personal training and development activities and supervision sessions as required.
15. Uphold the Council’s policies for anti-discriminatory practice and equality of opportunity.
16. Uphold the Councils and other departments’ Health and Safety requirements, particularly with regard to agreed codes of practice and safe methods of working.
Your duties will be as set out in the above job description but please note that the Council reserves the right to update your job description, from time to time, to reflect changes in, or to, your job.
You will be consulted about any proposed changes.
Fixed term for: 6 months initially.
Interview date: 18th and 19th Aug 2020
For an informal discussion, please contact Nik Downs - Business Development Manager on 01273 294922
TO APPLY - as part of your application, you will need to answer some branching questions. To help you, some guidance has been attached to the advert below.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, female or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.