Salary: £18,065 - £19,554 per annum
Contract type: Fixed term for 1 year
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Tuesday 11 August 2020
How to apply: https://arkcareers.engageats.co.uk/Vacancies/W/1007/0/273072/20705/premises-assistant/Referral?utm_source=external&utm_term=hastings-secondary-ark-alexandra-academy-operations-fixed-term-full-time&utm_content=premises-assistant&utm_campaign=default-campaign&utm_medium=AtsViewLink
About the role
Ark Alexandra Academy
Faith. Excellence. Kindness.
Start date: ASAP
Location: Hastings, East Sussex
Salary: Ark Support Scale 4, Pay Points 3-7 (£18,065 to £19,554)
Hours: Full-time – 36 hours per week, 52 weeks of the year (+ 5 weeks holiday)
Contract: Fixed for 1 Year
Closing date: 9.00am, Tuesday 11 August 2020 (Interviews w/c 17 August 2020)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the academy following the journey of Ark Helenswood and Ark William Parker, both previously single sex schools which have come together as one co-educational school with a mixed sixth form provision in Hastings.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic & ambitious Premises Assistant to join our hard-working team who provide high quality service in all aspects of site management. This is a key role to ensure we provide a safe and inviting environment for all.
We offer health benefits such as a subsidised gym membership and Employee Assistance Programme or if you prefer retail therapy, staff discounts via the Ark Rewards scheme.
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Experience of caretaking or building maintenance or other relevant experience
- Have a resilient character and a strong personal drive
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the role
- Be able to take ownership of tasks and complete to a high standard
- Be able to use a computer and undertake administrative tasks
- Be able to manage a high-volume workload & prioritise accordingly to meet deadlines
- Be a team player that can work collaboratively as well as using your own initiative
- Be flexible in covering other team members when required, even if it’s on the other campus
- Be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses
Ark Alexandra Academy is part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK’s most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 37 schools in 4 locations across the country.
Our values of faith, excellence and kindness underpin our ethos, culture and behaviour. Our students and staff develop and model these universal Christian values across the academy. Please view our full values statement on our website: www.arkalexandra.org
Ark Alexandra Academy is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.