Child and Family Support Worker
Salary Grade: Scale 5, spine points 12 to 15 (Actual salary: £22,294 to £23,521)
Working Pattern: Full time, Monday to Friday, Term Time Only, 8.30am - 4.30pm
Contract Type: Fixed Term for 2 years
Required for September 2020
Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre is an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ provision situated on a beautiful site with a new build extension on a wonderful old traditional school building including ample outdoor space with our own small forest area. Ambler is in the unique position of having a children’s centre within a primary school setting which brings lots of benefits to both sides of the provision.
We are seeking to appoint a Child and Family Support Worker with a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our children. This role will be equally split between Ambler Primary School and Duncombe Primary School.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the Inclusion team, families, parents and carers to overcome barriers to learning;
- Drive improved attendance and punctuality;
- Deliver a range of family learning;
- Provide support and guidance for parents;
- Signpost parents / carers to the support they need;
- Work with pupils to improve self-esteem and build confidence and resilience.
We are looking for candidates with:
- The ability to act as advocate, mediator and negotiator for our parents and carers in a range of situations;
- Significant experience of working with and engaging parents / carers and children through individual and / or group-based support;
- The ability to develop and deliver a range of family learning opportunities to support parents/carers to engage more fully in their child’s learning and to reintegrate parents into work or study;
- An understanding of how to promote good school attendance and punctuality and how to tackle poor attendance (Including persistent absence or exclusion);
- Drive, enthusiasm, resilience and positive attitudes;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong partnership skills, including ability to work professionally and confidently in close liaison with schools and other agencies.
We can offer you:
- Stimulating working environment;
- Opportunities for professional development and the opportunity to make a difference within our schools;
- Friendly, supportive colleagues who are committed to continuous improvement;
- Enthusiastic children who want to learn.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 16th August 2020
Shortlisting: w/c Monday 17th August 2020
Interviews: w/c Monday 24th August 2020
Ambler Primary School and Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, if this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to declare.