An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Business Support Assistant Administrator to work within the Family Safeguarding East Team in Children and Family Services, at the Turnham’s Green office in Tilehurst.
This will be a fixed term contract until 31/12/2021 initially, during which, we will work in partnership with a training provider to help you achieve a Level 3 Apprenticeship.
The role will include:
- Provide support to a team of social workers and family support workers.
- Arrange meetings, prepare and distribute agendas and take minutes.
- Handle a range of telephone and personal enquiries from internal and external customers and contacts, referring to others as appropriate.
- Maintain and update client files and records on Care Director.
- Produce and format a range of documents, including letters, reports, presentations ensuring that they are accurate and well-presented meeting specifications and deadlines.
Please view the job description for further information.
You will need good communication and organisational skills, but most importantly a willingness to play a part in a busy team. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the work of Children and Family Services.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days per annum rising to a maximum of 32 days.
For an informal discussion please contact Julie Povey, Business Support Manager via Email on Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (01635) 503573 or Vicki Lee, Business Support Officer, via email Victoria.email@example.com or telephone 01189 167770.