Business Intelligence Analyst (Building Maintenance)
Ref no: 3284 - 3995
Salary: Band 9 - £31,370 - £34,787 p.a.
37 hours per week flexi-time
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to work with our Repairs Service Manager supporting all our building maintenance teams.
Candidates must be enthusiastic, good communicators, organised, have a keen eye for detail, and be able to organise & analyse data.
What can we offer?
We can provide you with an opportunity to work across the building maintenance service supporting all the teams we manage with a variety of repair, void, project and stock data.
We will support you by providing opportunities to train and develop your existing knowledge and skills, as appropriate.
For the right candidate there will be opportunities to extend their knowledge and skills further with our bespoke in-house repairs and maintenance IT system (SQL/Server database).
What is the role?
You will be based at one of our area housing offices supporting the Repairs Service Manager.
You will take the lead in providing building maintenance input for a variety of monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports and statutory returns for internal and external audiences.
You will provide ad hoc support to all building maintenance teams, and others, who require data from our systems, including to enable us to respond to Freedom of Information requests and complaints.
You will support managers in building maintenance improve their use of the data we collect and to run measures, ensuring it helps us meet the purposes of "maintaining and improving our properties" and "right repair at the right time".
You will prepare and maintain database queries to extract data for analysis from tables with over one million rows of data.
You will produce and amend documentation, including process guides, in support of the role.
You will support the Repairs Service Manager in the operation of the budget allocation process using the data from our databases in conjunction with our service provider monthly valuations.
You will support the Repairs Service Manager in testing new releases of the repairs and maintenance IT system prior to release.
Who is the person?
You need to have:
- at least a second class degree in a numerate subject or demonstrate sufficient relevant knowledge and experience, e.g. work experience in a similar role
- an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to use advanced formulas and reporting techniques to analyse data, e.g. merging multiple data sets, PivotTables, VBA & Macros, Boolean logic, Array formulas
- good data management, problem solving and analytical skills, including an understanding of statistics
- an understanding of business finance, including revenue, capital and budget monitoring
- an appreciation of continuous improvement techniques, especially relating to Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- the ability to use Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to prepare reports and presentations that succinctly communicate data to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- a knowledge of database systems and how to specify simple queries, e.g. Microsoft Excel Query from SQL Server
- an organised and methodical approach to managing demands and have the ability to prioritise, escalating to the Repairs Service Manager for very complex or highly sensitive demands
- the ability to work accurately with data and demonstrate a thorough attention to detail
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team, using PLAN (Proportionate, Lawful, Accountable, Necessary) to resolve problems, challenge other's ideas based on knowledge and help find appropriate & effective solutions
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.