Teaching Assistant (Level 2) Grade D (scp 5 pro rata). Contract with a view of becoming perm, part time 17.5 hours per week. (Mornings from 8.45am to 12.15pm - 5 mornings)
To commence as soon as possible, upon receipt of Enhanced DBS clearance and references.
The Governors of St.Gregory’s Catholic Primary School, Sandy Lane, Lydiate would welcome applications for a Teaching Assistant Level 2 to join their dedicated and happy school in their Nursery setting. We are seeking to appoint an energetic, skilled and caring professional. The applicant must be able to work with and supervise individuals and groups of children under the direction/instruction of teaching and/or senior staff, inclusive of specific individual learning needs, enabling access to learning for all pupils and assistance and support in classroom management and behaviour techniques.
We encourage applicants to look closely at the job description and personal specification. Applicants should clearly state relevant experience and qualifications.
The applicant must be able to show:
- Understanding of the EYFS curriculum and the learning and development of young children
- Awareness of inclusion, especially within a school setting
- Experience of resources preparation to support learning programmes
- Effective use of ICT to support learning and the understanding of other basic technology – computer, photocopier and general information technology software.
The applicant must have :
- Experience of working within an Early Years setting.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities
- Ability to build effective working relationships with all pupils and colleagues
- Ability to promote a positive ethos and role model positive attributes
- Excellent personal numeracy and literacy skills with good spoken English.
We can offer the applicant:
- A caring Catholic ethos
- highly committed, talented enthusiastic and professional staff
- children who are eager to learn and well behaved
- a commitment to continuous professional development
- a committed and supportive Governing Body
- a happy and welcoming school
Please send completed application forms by post to St.Gregory’s Catholic Primary School , Sandy Lane, Lydiate. L31 2LB or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms to be received no later than 12 noon on Friday 4th September 2020.
Arrangements for interviews will be discussed with the successfully shortlisted applicants.
Details of a short task prior to interview will also be discussed to shortlisted candidates.
The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau and a disqualification declaration. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the online application form.
Please forward your completed application form to email@example.com or post to St.Gregory's Catholic Primary School, Sandy Lane, Lydiate. L31 2LB.