Job Number HCC14737
Directorate Safeguarding and Specialist Services
Salary Range£26999 - £33799
Contract Type Permanent Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Closing date 09-Aug-2020
Job Title: Qualified Social Worker - Specialist Adolescent Service
Location: Hemel Hempstead - covering Watford, Three Rivers and Hertsmere
Salary Range: £26,999 - £33,799 pa (pro rata) + £4000 market forces and £1000 welcome payment (T&C's apply)
Hours: 37 per week
• Qualified and Social Work England registered Social Worker
• Ideally you will have post qualifying experience and a proven track record of assessing the needs of young people and their families
• Ideally experienced in working with young people involved in the Youth Justice Service and/or working with Looked After Children
It is an exciting time to be joining our service as an experienced qualified Social Worker who is passionate and committed to providing support to young people and their families.
The Specialist Adolescent Service is a uniquely integrated service delivering a range of interventions to adolescents and their families, including undertaking Youth Justice Orders, Statutory Social Work including CIN to Children Looked After and family support work.
Hertfordshire’s Children Services has successfully achieved a “Good” rating from Ofsted. We are proud that our service, Specialist Adolescent Service, was specifically commended by Ofsted for its good work with adolescents.
We are a highly supportive and motivated team This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your skills of social work practice with adolescents and families and to truly influence the lives of young people.
• Managing complex cases to achieve positive outcomes, within a multi-agency environment and undertaking comprehensive assessments
• Recording accurate and comprehensive case management information using various IT Packages
• Working in partnership with a wide range of key organisations and individuals
• Delivering appropriate interventions as part of an agreed package of support
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees. This includes:
• Competitive starting salary of up to £33,799 depending on experience (pro-rata)
• Market Forces payment of £4,000 (pro-rata)
• Free parking at all of our sites
• Car Lease Scheme
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, restaurants, days out etc - www.hertsrewards.co.uk
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Alison Angus on 01442 454040
Closing Date: 9th August 2020
Interview Date: 18th August 2020
Benefits of Working for HCC:
•Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
•Excellent Career Development
•Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
•Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
•Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Driving Roles Only: As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites/Residences either using your own mode of transport or a company car. In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County is required for this role and a DVLA check will be required on appointment
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.