If you’re looking to combine a challenging new role with an excellent quality of life, take a close look at Reading Borough Council. You’ll be part of an ambitious organisation that’s driven by innovation, fresh thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit. You’ll also discover a superb location with good transport links, just 40 miles from London, that combines one of Europe’s strongest performing economies with some of England’s most beautiful countryside right on the doorstep. As for your future, there’s everything to gain. As a learning organisation, we offer exceptional opportunities for training, development and career progression.
About the roles
This role is required to support the Capital and Treasury Lead in providing the Council’s Treasury Management Function. Other duties & responsibilities include:
- Contribute towards the preparation of reports and returns including the Treasury annual strategy and outturn report for Council.
- Prepare, manage and forecast the Council’s cash flows for use by finance colleagues.
- Undertake transactions to invest surplus funds and borrow funds in accordance with the Treasury Management Strategy Statement and other written procedures.
- Monitor the financial markets and make recommendations on the source and timing of long-term borrowing.
The following qualifications and experience are required for this role:
- AAT qualified technician or part CCAB/CIMA qualified
- Excellent Excel skills
- Knowledge of Local Government Treasury Management Practices
- Able to work independently and use own initiative
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail whilst still being able to see the big picture
- Able to network and build relationships quickly
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
Closing date: 3rd August 2020
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.