Location: 5 Pancras Square
Salary: £45,504 - £52,786
Contract Type: 2 x Permanent, Full time, 36 hours per week
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Click HERE for information on Camden’s flexible working options
Some posts at Camden are politically restricted, which means individuals holding these posts cannot have active political role. For a list of all politically restricted roles at Camden click here.
The Capital Works Projects team are a dedicated division within Property Management, set up, to deliver all strategic, multi discipline, capital project works across the Camden property portfolio. Working closely with the Programme Manager, the project manager will deliver nominated works of vary scope and technically, to the value of approximately £4m - £10m per annum.
The expectation is that the role will mobilise and deliver the appropriate planned works projects, making sure consultation, engagement, quality, relevant legislative compliance and commercial management processes are practically adhered to and recorded.
We are looking for a Project Manage who will deliver a smooth project delivery operation and also be responsible for health and safety matters associated with the project(s) and for the seamless handover to clients and internal asset management team.
- Significant experience in construction project management and or project delivery.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, compliance and the implementation of CDM regulations
- Knowledge of leaseholder management, consultation and service charge arrangements
- Knowledge of procurement processes relevant to the delivery of construction activities and repairs and maintenance services
- Can demonstrate a commitment to service excellence and a track record in positive resident engagement
- Be familiar with the process of managing design and specialist team professionals.
- Implementation of project management and reporting processes.
- Has problem solving skills, can anticipate change and facilitate that change to meet the project requirements.
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project.
- A strategic thinker - understands all legislative requirements and changes in guidance that may impact on the project delivery
- The successful candidate will have a client focussed, professional and polished approach.
- A self-motivated person who can achieve targets that remains cool under pressure.
- Team player able to demonstrate this through previous positions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of leading stakeholder management processes
- Experience of managing schemes with resident in occupation
- Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, the Chartered Institute of Builders, Association of Project Managers, NEBOSH construction certificate
Camden’s main offices are located in modern, award-winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative, flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities.
Click HERE to see the full details of our excellent benefits
Make it work for you. Make it your Camden.
Discover and Diversity
To “discover” more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
Mayor of London’s Good Work Standard
Camden are very proud to be accredited to the level of excellence for the Mayor of London’s Good Work Standard. The Mayor’s Good Work Standard sets the benchmark for the highest employment standards and demonstrates that as an employer, Camden is contributing to a fairer and more inclusive London. These good practices are also an important step in attracting and retaining a diverse, talented and productive workforce.
How to apply
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application form you will be expected to explain how you meet the key requirements for this role listed in this advert. When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for disabled people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to 5 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG.
Closing dates for applications: Monday 3rd August 2020 23:59
Interviews to be held: TBC
Please quote reference: 2000009B
To view the Job Profile please click HERE
Camden welcomes new employees on a monthly basis; next available dates for induction are 17th August and 21st September 2020