Cabinet Support Officer (Policy )
Permanent, Full Time
Salary: PO1 £33, 945- £36, 711
Enfield Council is seeking to appoint a Cabinet Support Officer to work as part of our recently reconfigured Corporate Strategy Service.
This challenging new role involves working closely with our Leader, Cabinet Members, Directors, senior officers, elected members, and external partners, under the direction of the Head of Corporate Strategy. Central to the role will be the ability to provide accurate guidance, develop methods of support and providing expert policy advice to Cabinet Members and/or the Leader as part of the new Corporate Strategy Service.
A creative and energetic individual, you will be required to lead on the design and drafting of new research reports with the assistance and input of senior officers from across the local authority and from national best practice and Government sources to create recommendations that can inform future strategy and new policy development for the local authority.
You will work proactive and collaboratively with the ruling group support team to manage and monitor processes and working practices relating to Cabinet Member portfolios, including forward plans and correspondence.
The post holder will be able to evidence highly developed research and drafting skills, complemented by strong communication and relationship building abilities, to ensure the role successfully helps to create a dynamic link between the Corporate Strategy Service and our political leadership.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. 2. your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 18th August 2020
Interview Date: Week commencing 1st September 2020
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or Oley.email@example.com.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Shaun Rogan on 0208 1321091 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team